The Agtech Accelerator fast-tracks the go-to-market development of world-class agtech innovation by partnering with industry, in a three month Queensland-based program.
Applications for the inaugural program are now closed but please submit an EOI to connect with us.
Summary of the Program
The Agtech Accelerator is a three month program for growing agtech companies that seek to accelerate their go-to-market strategy and who have a strong commitment to working with Queensland industry as customers and partners. Additionally, participants will be supported through refining their business model, cementing their product-market fit, and being investment ready.
Under expert guidance from the Innovation Architects team and a network of 20+ mentors, we help companies set and achieve short to medium term objectives and provide hands-on and practical support in validating and deploying their solutions.
The program is hosted by the Agtech and Logistics Hub in Toowoomba, Queensland, giving you access to a vibrant network of industry, innovators and investors alike. Participating companies will receive mentorship and specialised support from a world-class mentor network which include the Hub’s partners FKG Group, TSBE, UQ, USQ and the Queensland Government’s Advance Queensland and Department of Agriculture and Fisheries.
- The Agtech Accelerator is a three month (12 weeks) mentor-driven program delivered part-time and includes both in-person and online activities. For this period of time, you will be part of a cohort of 10 businesses.
- Each participating company will be paired with its own acceleration team led by the Entrepreneur-in-Residence and the team at Innovation Architects, supplemented by business navigators and industry experts.
- The program is highly tailored to meet each participant's needs over the three month long development sprint, which focuses on industry-led deployment of agtech solutions.
- The program is hand-on, industry-centric. Curriculum takes a backseat so that focus is on putting theory into practice.
- The program will offer continuous opportunities to connect with industry, investors and the broader agtech ecosystem through direct introductions, meetups and workshops, and finally pitch sessions.
- The program concludes with a VIP demo day and showcase event.
- Equity-free, three month tailored program.
- Access and membership at the Agtech and Logistics Hub.
- Access to ATLH's mentor network and Entrepreneur-in-Residence.
- Tailored support in industry validation and deployment.
- Access to ATLH's industry (and supply chain) network.
- Investment readiness support and investment facilitation through the Hub’s investor network.
- Opportunities for profile and promotion locally and nationally, including at a showcase “Demo Day” event.
- Technology perks such as credits for cloud computing service providers.
Al Fullerton is an entrepreneur, venture builder & venture capital fund manager who has focused for the past decade around sustainability, renewable energy and agtech innovation in Australia and Asia, coupled with over 30 years of practical and academic agricultural experience. Al is the Managing Partner at Mandalay Ventures, Queensland's agrifood tech venture capital firm, and an agrifood specialist at Innovation Architects.
As the Entrepreneur in Residence for the Hub's open innovation and accelerator programs, Al will mentor innovators and entrepreneurs as well as proactively engage with the Australian agricultural industry around adoption and education of innovation.
October 26, 2021
Program Launch at Agtech and Logistics Hub Meetup
October 26, 2021 → December 15, 2021
Weekly virtual Office Hours (Tuesdays 1pm-2pm) and Coworking Wednesdays at the Agtech and Logistics Hub (Wednesdays 8am - 5pm)
December 15, 2021
January 31, 2022
Start of Program
April 24, 2022
End of Program
VIP Industry and Investor showcase (TBD)
We are looking for (selection criteria)
The program works with scalable businesses, solving problems for, and driving innovation in agriculture, and we encourage companies to apply when they have a market-ready product, evidence of industry demand and / or a clearly identified market.
To be shortlisted for the accelerator companies need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Registered: Be an incorporated entity or soon to be registered at the time of Accelerator commencement.
- Stage: Company in growth or scale-up phase of maturity and/or companies with a significant and immediate market opportunity identified. Companies ideally have an existing product in market, but we welcome applications from MVP (Minimum Viable Product) stage and for R&D development have reached TRL (Technology Readiness Level) 6 or more.
- Participation: Engagement commitment from the founding or executive team.
- Locality focus: Clearly identified opportunities that are relevant to Queensland, Australia and with global potential.
Apply here to be part of the Agtech Accelerator Cohort #1 commencing 31 Jan 2022.
Upon application, you will receive an email from us with more information and next steps - apply early to start the conversation early!
Applications close on 15 Dec 2021 (11.59pm AEST). Your application will be reviewed and assessed by the program team and an external panel.
Assessments will pay attention to the following criteria:
- Size of the problem and market opportunity, and the execution and traction to date.
- The founding or executive team’s capability.
- Your current needs and how we are best positioned to support you.
- The identified market opportunities in Queensland.
Successful applications will be notified before or on 23 Dec 2021.
About Agtech and Logistics Hub: For Industry - Innovators - Investors
Our mission is to accelerate the development and adoption of technologies and innovative solutions that will benefit the agribusiness supply chain. The Hub provides a platform for startups, entrepreneurs, academia, government, industry and innovators to connect, develop and adopt real-world solutions.
We are proudly Industry-Led. If you would like to be part of a growing community of industry partners that are seeking to connect to innovators nationally and internationally, we would love to hear from you.
© Innovation Architects Pty Ltd, 2022.